Our Principles are..
- To create an atmosphere of trust, security and comfort in which the child can feel motivated, esteemed and appreciated.
- To promote the uniqueness and individual worth of each child by focusing on competence and capabilities.
- To provide an enriched and stimulating environment that meets the needs of the whole child, including the cognitive, creative, social, emotional and physical self.
- To provide opportunities for self-expression, investigation and experimentation both independently and collaboratively.
- To cultivate attitudes, habits and appreciations that will enable the child to explore, question and discover the world, its people and their cultures.
- To encourage problem solving skills and responsible decision making through respectful guidance.
- To provide an appropriate balance between active and passive activities, and between child-initiated and adult-initiated activities.